Off the Grid Press announces its first annual manuscript contest for poets over sixty -- final judge, Carl Dennis. The winner will receive $1,000 and publication.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Submissions deadline: Aug. 31, 2011. The competition is open only to poets over 60 years of age.
2. Manuscript must be typed, paginated, and 50–70 pages in length (single spaced). We accept do not accept double sided manuscripts.
3. Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 25 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Translations and self-published books are not eligible. No multi-authored collections, please.
4. Manuscripts must have a table of contents and include a list of acknowledgments for poems previously published. Your name, address, phone number, and email should appear on the title page of your manuscript. MANUSCRIPTS CANNOT BE RETURNED. Please do not send us your only copy.
5. No illustrations, photographs or images should be included.
6. Send one copy of your manuscript submission with two copies of the title page. On the second title page print only the book's title, no name or contact information. Use only binder clips. No staples, folders, or printer-bound copies.
7. For notification of winner, include a business-sized SASE. If you wish acknowledgment of the receipt of your manuscript, include a stamped addressed postcard.
8. Entry fee for the Off The Grid Press Competition is $25. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Off The Grid Press.
9. Manuscripts should be submitted by mail. Mail entries to: Off The Grid Press, 24 Quincy St., Somerville, MA 02143
10. If, in our judgment, no submission is worthy of publication, the press reserves the right to publish no book and return the entry fees.