We are looking for 1-3 book reviewers to review recent and pre-release titles from both major and small presses. Reviewers may choose their own books to review or may request suggestions (and often review copies) from Muzzle. This, like all positions at Muzzle, is a volunteer position.
- Must love poetry
- Must be skilled at writing thoughtful reviews of poetry
- Must be well-read in both contemporary and canonical works of poetry
- Must be self-motivated and not require micromanaging to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Strong history of poetry publications preferred
- MFA and/or PhD in creative writing preferred (current candidates are also highly encouraged to apply)
Send all application materials as attachments (either PDF of DOC files) to <muzzlemagazine(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @). Put "Book Editor Position" in the subject line of your email.
- 8-15 pages of poetry (can be published or unpublished)
- List of publications
- A brief cover letter explaining why you're interested in this position and detailing any past experiences you've had with writing poetry reviews
- Samples of 1-3 past reviews, if available
We are looking for a web editor to add content to new issues (poetry, art, reviews, etc) and keep the website up-to-date. Generally speaking, two weeks before the issue is scheduled to come out, the web editor would receive content to add to the website, which ends up being about 10-15 hours of work once every 3 months. If a candidate is talented and ambitious and would like to revamp the web design, that is welcome (but not necessary). This, like all positions at Muzzle, is a volunteer position.
Must have done web editing in some capacity before. We use Weebly for our website. It's pretty easy. If you've used Weebly before, that'd be great, but it's not 100% necessary.
Must have hawk-like attention to formatting details
Must be self-motivated and not require micromanaging to complete tasks in a timely manner
Some HTML knowledge preferred
Poetry and art enthusiasts preferred
- A brief cover letter explaining why you're interested in this position and detailing any past experiences you've had editing and/or designing websites
- Links to websites you've worked on in the past
Send all application materials to <muzzlemagazine(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @)