- Entry fee of $18.00 includes a one-year subscription to Rattle (or a one-year extension for subscribers).
- One $5,000 Winner and ten $100 Finalists will be selected in a blind review by the editors of Rattle and printed in the Winter 2012 issue; one $1,000 Readers' Choice Award will then be chosen from among the finalists by subscriber and entrant vote.To ensure a fair competition, votes will only be recorded from those with active subscriptions prior to the announcements of the finalists on September 15.
- Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (no translations).Rattle's winter issue must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. No simultaneous submissions, except to magazines or presses open to publishing reprints after January 1st, 2013. Once submitted, entries cannot be withdrawn or edited until the finalists are announced.
- The first page of your packet or file must be a cover sheet: Type or print clearly your name, address, email address, phone number, and the titles of the poems onto the first page. Include the poems themselves (with titles) on subsequent pages, with each poem beginning a new page. No identifying personal information should appear on any pages with poems.
- Send up to four poems per entry. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover sheet and an additional $18 fee. Each additional entry will add an extra year to your subscription.
- Manuscripts will not be returned; include a SASE or email address if you'd like to be notified of the results. Winners will be announced no later than September 15th, 2012, and the Readers' Choice Award Winner will be announced February 15th, 2013. Additional entries may also be offered publication.
- Entries may be submitted by email or hardcopy within the United States. International entries must be submitted by email.
If submitting by mail, include a check or money order for $18, payable to Rattle, and send entries to:
12411 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
Postmark deadline: August 1st, 2012
For online submission guidelines, visit http://www.rattle.com/poetry/prize/guidelines/