Due to continuous support by a generous private donor, we are able to continue the ComPeung Grant program! We are calling for applications for two (2) one-month ComPeung artist-in-residence grants for 2012.
- Individual artists as well as pairs of artists are eligible to apply. Artist groups (max. 3 people) can also apply, but we won’t be able to fully fund the travel expenses for the whole group.
- At the end of the residency, we expect grant beneficiaries to present their work through a public
- The period for the two residencies is fixed and scheduled for October 2012, which is not negotiable.
- Airfare to/from the artist’s home country
- Transportation to/from Chiang Mai International Airport
- Small artist fee
- Three home-cooked meals per day
- ComPeung Grant Application Form (.pdf / .doc)
- Proposal of work or project to be undertaken during the grant residency, which can be part of a current work-in-progress or a new body of work.
- Artist statement clearly stating the objectives for applying for this particular residency.
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages A4).
- Maximum of 10 images of the work.
- Links to sound, video/animation work and/or artist websites.
- All documents are to be merged into a single pdf/doc file (not exceeding 5 MB).
Grant application deadline: 31 May 2012.
Late applications will not be considered.