Judge: Dorianne Laux
1st Prize - $1 ,000
2nd Prize -$250
3rd Prize - $100
Honorable Mentions - subscriptions
The Comstock Review editorial staff chooses approximately 50-60 finalists. The highest scoring finalists (25 or so) are considered Special Merit Poems. Special Merit Poems go to the judge, who determines the top three Prize Winners. The editorial staff then selects honorable mentions from the remaining Special Merit Poems. All Special Merit Poems are considered accepted work.
- Each poem must be typed on a separate 8.5-by-11 page.
- Poems must be original, unpublished in any Medium, print or electronic, and not under consideration elsewhere.
- Poems should not exceed 40 lines, beginning with the first line of text below the title. Do not count blank lines. Please also consider our 65 character line width limit when submitting.
- Include name and ALL contact information on the reverse side of each poem entered. Poems without this information will be disqualified.
- Send an SASE for results only. No poems will be returned.
- All Prize Winners, Honorable Mentions, and Special Merit Poems are considered accepted work and will be published in Issue 26.2 (Fall/Winter 2012). Finalists whose poems do not go to the judge will be queried for permission to use their work. A non-response is considered a yes. All accepted authors will receive one contributor’s copy of the issue.
- Include an entry fee of $5 per poem submitted. There is no limit on the number of poems you may submit.
- Make checks out to "The Comstock Review."
CWG Poetry Contest 2012
4956 St. John Drive
Syracuse, NY 13215